Saturday 9 January 2021

The fallen soldiers of the forest

 

 Here we lie remembering the good old days... From bearing just one tiny leaf to being a big branch full of leaves, flowers, and fruits. We believed that providing shelter and food to the winged and the four-legged ones was the purpose of our existence. We danced to the melodies of the birds, stayed still for the leopards that slept on us, and became a home for the monkeys. 


 

Even today as we lay on the grounds, we protect the tiniest creatures of nature. For we see what the naked eye cannot. We survive the hottest summers, the coldest winters and not to forget the heaviest rains. Tried our best to fight the odds and live for our dearies.

We live for the forest and we die for the forest. We are the branches, the fallen soldiers of the forest...

I hope you enjoyed reading my post! Please leave your opinions in the comment section!

6 comments:

Gone but never forgotten

 I sit here today all covered in dust. My tires are as flat as a plateau. As my skin turns to rust, I remember the good old days when my whe...